Since the summer of 2021, all reservations at the mountain huts on the normal route of Mont Blanc (Tête Rousse Hut and Goûter Hut) are mandatory and non-transferable for the ascent. Reservations open at the end of the year for the following summer. Therefore, we register participants subject to availability at the Tête Rousse and Goûter Huts when their reservations open.
Above 4,000 meters, wind or bad weather often makes the ascent impossible or too dangerous. We anticipate these factors as best we can to make the best decisions and maximize your chances of reaching the summit. The high-mountain guide accompanying you knows Mont Blanc intimately; he is the sole authority on board and best qualified to assess the feasibility of the climb. Ultimately, the decision to proceed or not rests solely with him.
For this course, we confirm the possibility of attempting the climb two days before departure. However, high-mountain weather remains unpredictable (a frequent occurrence in Chamonix). The guide may therefore decide to modify the program or cancel the attempt on the morning of departure if safety conditions require it. When weather conditions necessitate a program adjustment for the safety of the group, this adjustment will not be eligible for a refund.